NEVER TELL A CHILD THAT HE/SHE IS UGLY!



Several years ago, an authority in my life told me “I was ugly”.I know she must have been telling the truth then but I just wish she didn't have to say it because I innocently let those words sink in so deep that even now, when I recall it, God has to remind me of the many things He has taught me to keep my self esteem in order.

Some other time too, I was organizing some kids for a special number in church and then I noticed this girl who wasn't even smiling a bit.....so I tried to cheer her up and found out that she wasn't angry. When I asked her why she didn't like smiling, she replied(almost in tears )“I am ugly”.

I was so heartbroken and then I asked... “who said that to you?” .......she said it was her sister.

Please I beg you in the name of God, don't puncture a child's self confidence because you feel like telling him the truth. There are specific people in a child's life that whatever they say whether true or false, the child accepts it verbatim.

Parents/guardians,teachers,siblings,men of God etc(most especially parents and guardians).....be mindful of the words you say to the children under your care because you occupy a serious position in their life and they would never take your judgement for granted.

We've been taught that for everything God made, there is a purpose. So God knows why He made that child.... thin,fat,short,too tall, black, albino, not so sharp or as smart as the other kids or not as good looking as you wish.

That feature perfectly fits His purpose for creating that child so just do your part which is training that child right and leave the rest to God our creator.
Thank you.


Comments